Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Jealous Kind

I built another temple to a stranger

I gave away my heart to the rushing wind

I set my course to run right into danger

Sought the company of fools instead of friends


You know I've been unfaithful

Lovers in line

While you're turning over tables

With the rage of a jealous kind

I chose the gallows to the aisle

Thought that love would never find

Haning ropes will never keep you

And your love of a jealous kind

Love of a jealous kind


Tryin' to jump away from rock that keeps on spreading

For solace in the shift of the sinking sand

I'd rather feel the pain all too familiar

Than be broken by a lover I don't understand

'Cause I don't understand


One hundred other lovers, more, one hunderd other altars

If I should slow my pace and finally subject me to grace

And love that shames the wise, betrays the heart's deceit and lies

And breaks the back of foolish pride


Jars of Clay

from album: Who We Are Instead

No comments: